تقریبا یک سال از پیشنهاد نهایی کامکست برای خرید تایم وارنر کیبل گذشته است. این پیشنهاد ۴۵٫۲ میلیارد دلاری قرار بود اوایل سال ۲۰۱۵ نهایی شود. بخشهای اصلی این پیشنهاد به این شرح است:
- Deployment and Development of Advanced Services: Subscribers to Time Warner Cable will benefit from Comcast’s superior service reliability and best-in-class technology and services, such as the X1 Entertainment Operating System and Comcast’s VOD platform which provides 50,000 choices on TV and averages 400 million views each month (32 billion views since VOD’s 2003 launch). Comcast also offers 300,000 plus streaming choices on XfinityTV.com, and Xfinity TV mobile apps that offer 35 live streaming channels plus the ability to download to watch offline later.
- Benefits of Scale: The transaction will generate significant cost savings and other efficiencies, which will ultimately benefit customers. Scale enables better customer experiences as demonstrated by Comcast. Our scale has enabled us to create industry leading products like the X1 Entertainment Operating System, increased Internet speeds, comprehensive communications and digital phone products and features, and home management. The scale will also make us a better competitor vis-à-vis national companies like DirecTV, DISH, Verizon, and AT&T.
- Broadband Market Benefits: Comcast is a technology leader in broadband and customers will benefit from its commitment to invest in its high-speed data services. Comcast has increased Internet speeds 12 times in the past 12 years across its entire footprint, and led the industry in the deployment of DOCSIS 3.0. Additionally, Comcast has invested tens of billions of dollars in its network and continues to invest in it. Comcast will be investing hundreds of millions of dollars annually to improve Time Warner Cable’s networks, which will bring significant benefits to Time Warner Cable customers, including higher speeds and greater reliability. We also believe the transaction will enhance competition in the broadband market and extend broadband adoption.
- Benefits for Business and Enterprise Customers: This transaction will allow Comcast increased ability to offer advanced services, like high-performance point-to-point and multi-point Ethernet services with the capacity to deliver cloud computing, to small and medium-size businesses, as well as backhaul services to wireless carriers. In addition, Comcast will be able to bring to Time Warner Cable business customers enhancements to their package of services that Time Warner Cable does not offer (e.g., hosted voice).
- Benefits in Advertising: The transaction will combine complementary advertising platforms and channels and allow Comcast to offer broader and more valuable packages to advertisers. This is especially true in the very competitive and uniquely important New York advertising market.
اگر این خرید نهایی شود، Comcast با در اختیار گرفتن کاربران Time Warner Cable بزرگترین سرویس دهنده خدمات مخابراتی فیکس (کابلی) در آمریکای شمالی میشود. این موضوع برخی حساسیتها در خصوص انحصارگرایی را از سوی FCC ایجاد کرده است. کامکست در یک بلاگ پست طولانی پاسخهایی در خصوص عدم ایجاد انحصار در صورت خرید ارایه کرده است. قسمت جالب پاسخ کامکست به FCC نحوهی استدلال در خصوص عدم ایجاد انحصار بود:
- ۷۸% of households have the choice of at least three fixed broadband providers offering speeds of at least 3 Mbps, and 92% have two or more providers offering speeds of at least 10 Mbps.
- Including wireless, 99% of households have the choice of at least three fixed or mobile broadband providers offering speeds of at least 3 Mbps, and approximately 98% have two or more choices offering speeds of at least 10 Mbps.
- ۹۸٫۵% of our customers following the deal will have a choice between Comcast and one or more top 10 ILEC competitors – as well as wireless competitors.